I’m the author of Biking Puget Sound: 60 Rides from Olympia to the San Juans, the Mountaineers guidebook, and this accompanying website.
What else can I say?
- I’ve lived in Seattle since 1985.
- Was a bike commuter when I worked downtown. Now I have the carpet commute to my home office.
- Park my wheels on Phinney Ridge, up by Woodland Park Zoo.
- Ride “OG,” a Rodriguez UTB, and “Just Plain Gary,” a pre-Trek Gary Fisher mountain bike.
- I’m a ride leader for Cascade Bicycle Club. You should join!
Current favorite rides:
- In city: looping Magnolia
- Country: Snoqualmie Valley to the Falls
- Farther: Lopez Island
- Even Farther: Manhattan’s west edge
- Farthest: France’s Loire Valley