I’m the author of Cycling the Pacific Coast: The Complete Guide from Canada to Mexico and Biking Puget Sound: 60 Rides from Olympia to the San Juans, both Mountaineers guidebooks, and this accompanying website.
What else can I say?
- Proud resident of Seattle since 1985.
- Ride “OG” (as in oh, gee that’s fun to ride), a Rodriguez Ultimate Touring Bike.
- Write about cycling and other lifestyle topics for media like The Seattle Times and other regional media.
- Edit all sorts of content, from websites to books.
- Serve as an instructor and public speaker on cycling, gardening and other topics.
- Wrote two books on edible gardening and write about that on my site coolseasongardener.com.
- Serve as a Ride Ambassador for the San Juan Islands for Ride with GPS, and am a heavy user of their excellent route-planning tools.
- Lead rides for Seattle’s Cascade Bicycle Club. You should join!
Current favorite rides:
- In Seattle: looping the Magnolia neighborhood
- The land near home: Snoqualmie Valley to the Twin Peaks area and Snoqualmie Falls
- Farther: Lopez Island, Washington
- West Coast: (currently a tie!) Cape Lookout to Cape Perpetua, central Oregon coast; and Avenue of the Giants, Ferndale to Leggett, California
- Even Farther: Manhattan’s west edge
- Another continent: France’s Loire Valley